This year our flu clinics will begin in September. We are starting to book appointments now and will begin contacting patients shortly.
Some appointments will be available for patients to book via patient access. Patients must read the information below before booking to make sure they are booked into the correct clinic. Bookable appointment slots will be clearly marked for 18 - 64 years or 65 years and older. It is essential that patients book themselves into the correct appointment type as the vaccine differs.Please note these appointments are for flu vaccinations only.
We will again be offering vaccinations to:
- Patients aged 65 years and over
- Patients under 65 years who are considered at risk
- Two and Three year olds - we are waiting for delivery dates for this vaccine
- Pregnant patients
Our clinics will have to run differently this year to ensure we comply with social distancing requirements and to allow for the nurses to follow infection control cleaning procedures between patients.
Patients are being asked to:
- Arrive wearing a face covering/mask
- Arrive at the time of the appointment. Not earlier or later.
- Not attend if feeling unwell.
- Queue standing - those patients who are unable to stand for more than 10 minutes will need to contact the practice for further advice
- Attend alone
- Bring as little as possible with them
In addition this year there is an additional flu campaign to offer vaccinations to anyone aged between 50 years and 64 years who does not fall into the at risk category. We are unable to offer these patients appointments yet. We are waiting for further information from NHS England regarding the vaccine for these patients.